Torrent River

torrentriver

Hi All,

Just wanted to see if anyone has fished on the Torrent River in Newfoundland and Labrador? I'm looking for any stories, good and bad, and any photos that you may have? If so, you can email them to info@torrentriver.ca.

If not, I invite you to check out our website, www.torrentriver.ca. There's a great campsite located right at the river's edge and all trails to the pools are boardwalked. There's 12 pools in total including Jack's Pool which is the ONLY wheelchair accessible deck on the island. After fishing you can visit the Torrent River Salmon Interpretation Centre to learn how the Torrent River was restocked and why it is the home of Newfoundland and Labrador's most successful salmon enhancement program. If there's anything else, the friendly staff at the Visitor Information Centre can help you.

We look forward to hearing from you.

avalon angling

What a thing, this internet! I just so happened to fish the Torrent a short while ago...Sept 2nd--- 7th ....also fished several other rivers in the area ie: Castors' / Big East:confused: There are other rivers with "East" in their name so I can't say for certain if this is the correct name:confused: / Portland Creek.I usually fish for sea trout on the Avalon but received an invite for this salmon trip which I'm glad I accepted...what a great "fishin' mission"!! We had a total of 14 fish with myself keeping 3 grilse for the "pan" and released several fish in the 7-9lb. range I posted a slide-show of the trip on the forum that I usually post to on matters sea trout related but I guess I could also post it here

If I happen to be fortunate to get in another trip next season I will give details here if any are interested:confused:

Still stickin'.....Avalon/Andrew

Editor

The Salmon Atlas
It's great to hear of salmon success stories. There is quite a lot of information about the Torrent river on the web but I could only find one video (which I think is the Torrent - well it was tagged Torrent River Inn). Is this hanging over the local bridge near the Inn?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku7bda2jNQE[/ame]

Regards

Colin.

PS. Avalon, I would be delighted for you post a link to the powerpoint! Steffan can't have it all to himself ;-)

Editor

The Salmon Atlas
I posted a slide-show of the trip on the forum that I usually post to on matters sea trout related but I guess I could also post it here

I just assumed slide-show was a powerpoint - sorry! and Steffan Jones runs the Seatrout fishing forum :)

All the best

Colin.

avalon angling

I just assumed slide-show was a powerpoint

Now I get it :eek:

PS. Avalon, I would be delighted for you post a link to the powerpoint!

I see that the slideshow is in my post but ,by link I guess ye mean this thing???

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee253/avalonangling/?action=view&current=e0686939.pbw

and Steffan Jones runs the Seatrout fishing forum :)

Now I gets it again...I haven't signed in to Steffs' site yet though ...still at Hops' forum... hard enough for me to post on a regular basis to one forum; let alone 2-3-4 different ones:confused: it would prove to be "Madly off in all Directions " for this colonial "yob"

Regards.....Andrew

avalon angling

Is this hanging over the local bridge near the Inn?

Actually it is looking over the bridge from the next river "up the shore".... East River...

castorstrip026.jpg

castorstrip025.jpg

the river the other side o' da bridge....

castorstrip027.jpg

castorstrip028.jpg

There are salmon in this pic but I din't 'ave a "polarizin' filter t'ing on me cam.:confused:

castorstrip029.jpg

The salmon are lying in a "safe" zone though as there is a no fishing buffer zone of 25 metres form any obstruction/ falls etc.

Still stickin'.....Avalon/Pop