Salmon Atlas Home Page 

Go Back   Salmon Atlas Forums > ATLANTIC SALMON AND SEA TROUT RIVERS > Scotland > Other Scottish Rivers

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th May 2012, 12:21

henry1992 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Machrie Water, Isle of Arran

Hi deepdiver1,

I am coming up to Arran in early August with my family for a fortnight, and am hoping to get in as much fishing as possible! I notice that this forum is now about a year old, so was wondering if you knew whether the Arran Angling Association still give associate membership? Also, do you know who controls the fishing on loch Tanna and if it is worth fishing?

Cheers,
Henry
Old 25th April 2014, 15:49

kendonagasaki is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Machrie Water (Isle of Arran)

I'm going to Arran next Thursday for a long weekend and I'm keen on fly fishing there. I know I can fish Loch Garbad but I'm also interested in other hill lochs which may be rarely fished.

I'm originally from South Uist so keen on the wild experience!

I'm told I can become a member of the Arran Angling Association for £35, which covers Loch Garbad and some smaller rivers.

I see Loch Cnoc na Loch is private fishing only.

What about Loch Tanna, Urie Loch, Loch na Leirg and any other hill lochs that might have fish in them?

Also, are there any sea-fishing opportunities for lythe, cod etc off rocks? I have a spinning rod for that if it's worth a go.