Salmon Atlas Home Page 

Go Back   Salmon Atlas Forums > ATLANTIC SALMON AND SEA TROUT RIVERS > Wales > River Wye

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th November 2009, 14:55
The Salmon Atlas

Editor has much to be proud ofEditor has much to be proud ofEditor has much to be proud ofEditor has much to be proud ofEditor has much to be proud ofEditor has much to be proud ofEditor has much to be proud ofEditor has much to be proud of
Default River Wye

Old 18th June 2010, 08:51
The Salmon Atlas

Editor has much to be proud ofEditor has much to be proud ofEditor has much to be proud ofEditor has much to be proud ofEditor has much to be proud ofEditor has much to be proud ofEditor has much to be proud ofEditor has much to be proud of
Default River Wye suffering from 2010 spring drought

Short broadcast from the BBC

BBC News - 'Release salmon' anglers urged
Old 18th June 2010, 09:29

ACW is on a distinguished road

This move is a sad reflection of the alarming state of the Wye and many other rivers.
I must say though the thought of keeping a wye salmon has not crossed my mind over the last 6 years that i have been "desperately seeking a Wye salmon"!
Old 22nd June 2010, 09:55
Fish&Fly

cb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACW View Post
I must say though the thought of keeping a wye salmon has not crossed my mind over the last 6 years that i have been "desperately seeking a Wye salmon"!
But people do! I find it completely astonishing that anyone would keep a Wye salmon yet they do. Surely it is time to make C&R mandatory on the Wye?

Regards

Colin.
Old 23rd June 2010, 06:54

ACW is on a distinguished road

Colin,
I guess its a mind set ,30 years ago I was a fish killer,limit bags from the resers,sea trout from the dovey and salmon from scotland,not to mention the grayling beat owners insisted i killed on the chalk.
Last year I killed a single grafham fish ,ate it with enjoyment ,caught no salmon though had planned if fortunate to take one fresh cock fish from the Deveron ,should such a fish be caught.
I think its going fishing for me rather than the catch and eat !
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:09
The Salmon Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACW View Post
I think its going fishing for me rather than the catch and eat !
As it happens I'm not a great fan of the taste of salmon - cod or haddock for me - so mine go back! I wish Cod would swim up the Tyne! (well they do a little way)

Colin