Daiwa SSF Scott MacKenzie 13' line 9

sergiod

good evening you all,
I'm a new user to this forum and to DH spey cast too; I wish to ask for your support regarding this rod.
I just bought a used one, in perfect condition, Daiwa Salmon Signature Fly , signed Scott MacKenzie, 13 ft- 3pcs- line 9, and I'm very satisfied of its action;
my only concern is about the colour of the graphite blank: at a first sight it seems to be black. But looking carefully I can see that Butt and mid sections have the same almost black-deep brown with textured shine typical of graphite, despite of the tip that is black (I can't see the same texture- fibre)
Very strange !
does anybody own the same rod, and noticed this detail?
is it possible that the tip is not the original one? (the rod seems to work properly, casts well , action without any lack of uniformity, guides are same type , wraps are the same burgundy ).
Or, is it possible that the original design on the blank calls for different carbon types btween tip and mid, butt ?

thanks to anyone could clarify this little mistery!

Sergio

sergiod

thanks for your reply, SM.
Do you own the same model (so that you noticed no differences on fibers) or do you just suppose , as I do ?
I read also (but don't know if it's just speculation) that at some point Scott Mackenzie stopped the collaboration with Daiwa because they wanted to replace the original expensive japaneese carbon with another cheaper type....
may be it's true ?
if that was true , so it's probabile that the original tip of my ros has been replaced with a "new" (cheaper carbon) tip.

who knows...

Sergiod