Fishing the Collie Dog …

galego

... can be quite productive and exciting, but also a curse with a medium-long belly line. After pulling all that line, you have to do the oposite before casting.

Therefore, I am thinking about buying a SH or a short belly line for that purpose; in other words, I am looking for a proper set up to fish the monkey/sunray/collie.

Joining the dark side, a few would say ...

Tried the SH rod approach, but it was difficult to cast properly such a large fly (too light a line - #7- to win over the air resistance of the fly?).

My DH rods are the T&T #10-5, T&T #11-6 (my favourite rod), and a Sharpes of Aberdeen #8/9, 13’3” with 6 sections. Do I need another rod? I hope not, but …

Paulo:confused:

Aliangle

... can be quite productive and exciting, but also a curse with a medium-long belly line. After pulling all that line, you have to do the oposite before casting.

Therefore, I am thinking about buying a SH or a short belly line for that purpose; in other words, I am looking for a proper set up to fish the monkey/sunray/collie.

Joining the dark side, a few would say ...

Tried the SH rod approach, but it was difficult to cast properly such a large fly (too light a line - #7- to win over the air resistance of the fly?).

My DH rods are the T&T #10-5, T&T #11-6 (my favourite rod), and a Sharpes of Aberdeen #8/9, 13’3” with 6 sections. Do I need another rod? I hope not, but …

Paulo:confused:

Just noticed this thread, so I'm way out of date. I find an old fashioned DT line works well with the collie - you're usually not looking for huge distance, and it will fish to within a few feet of the tip. It should work fine with the 11-6 and the 13-3