river torridge update: mon 7th March

Charles Inniss

sorry folks for being so lax in updating the blog but I have been a fairly poorly chappie with some awful virus: thankfully now on the mend but feeling far too weak to pick up a rod. River in perfect order at the moment and I have heard of three springers caught: 13, 8, and 6: a great start to the season. If you get a chance you ought to get down to the river this week.Its a joy just to be by the river at the moment and there are obviously a few fresh salon about. All is well at the hatchery and barring disasters we will be stocking out about 20,000 salmon fry in mid-April. Charles

beaford1

Get well soon... the river needs you!

Charles, Sorry to hear you have been off par: river absolutely beautiful and needs your expertise and attention: lucky enough to land a 10lb, fat, silver bar today and plenty more on the move above Beaford. Augurs well...
Get well soon!
Best,
Simon.

minder

Fishing on the torridge

I am hoping to get a few days in fishing the torridge this year. I fish the tamer and the dart. Years ago I used to fish above the bridge near Dolton and caught my first salmon there in 1980. I have spoken to the half moon who were very helpful and I hope to fish a few of there beats but does anyone know of any more fishing on the torridge avalible I would be interested in renting a rod on a syndacate.