Salmon Atlas Home Page 

Go Back   Salmon Atlas Forums > THE HOME POOL > Salmon Atlas Feedback

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th July 2009, 21:28

snowbee73 is on a distinguished road
Default Info Missing

Hi

I am a new member to here mainly because I came across this Salmon Atlas through google search and thought, oh yes just what my friends and I want, 3 of us are serious about fishing in Alaska or British Columbia next year. The atlas seems very good and I can see who ever did it, spent some time on it to, but there is no information on lodges, guides contacts etc. A lot of websites out there look outdated and we do not want to pay large deposits to these people who cannot be bothered to have a half decent looking website. We were looking maybe at the Skeena or one of its tributaries in BC or the Kenai, Susitna rivers of Alaska but when I look at this atlas now I tend to fancy Spain. But again by the looks of it, it looks like this atlas is in early days and sooner you get some contact info on here the better.

By the way like the forum chat rooms, some good info on here.
Old 28th July 2009, 16:32
The Salmon Atlas

Editor has much to be proud ofEditor has much to be proud ofEditor has much to be proud ofEditor has much to be proud ofEditor has much to be proud ofEditor has much to be proud ofEditor has much to be proud ofEditor has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbee73 View Post
The atlas seems very good and I can see who ever did it, spent some time on it to, but there is no information on lodges, guides contacts etc.
Delighted you found us. The Atlas has just opened, we haven't even released a press release yet, so it is very early days. We will be contacting lodges around the salmon world for them to contribute and take part in adding reports, photos and opportunities of course. You are absolutely right about the generally poor standard of web information in some areas. We found even locating the rivers really difficult sometimes – but it has been an interesting exercise. During the next week we shall be adding the logins of 6,700 or so members of our sister forum – the North American Fly Fishing Forum (theflyfishingforum.com) and many of its members will know a lot more about the Skeena / Sustut etc than we do based in the UK. Do start asking questions as this is how a forum gets going! They will be answered :-)

Regards

Colin.
Old 30th September 2009, 15:05

Frank Whiton is on a distinguished road

Hi snowbee73,

I lived in Alaska for 15 years. I have fished or visited many of the rivers and lodges in Alaska. If you fill me in on what you want to fish for I can steer you in the right direction. To suggest a lodge or outfitter I need to know how much you want to spend. Alaska offers just about any type of trip you might be interested in. There are river floats, lodges and do-it-yourself trips. Do-it-yourself remote trips should only be considered by people who are accustomed to fishing with big bears.

Frank