East lyn fishing latest

kingfisher70

In my last thead a month or so a go ,i said how desperately low the river was.i watched the webcam everyday from my London office, praying for the rains to come. so you can imagine how pleased i was ,when last weekend the rains finely come .
i looked at the webcam on monday afternoon and i thought the river looks perfect for fishing,judging by the pictures.
so i drove down though the night , and arrived at the river early in the morning, hopeing maybe some fresh fish had entered the river. when i saw the river at first hand i realized ,that there was too much water! ( we fishermen are never satisfied lol) even though the river was clear, the flow on the middle and lower parts of the river was to powerful to fish propley (well for my tackle for worming i use 3 or 4 swan shot, 8lb-10lb line on a size 6 hook)
but above Rockford on the glenthorne fishery and above, the conditions on the river was perfect, and i had a fantastic day fishing on the 24th of August.
I caught 3 salmon 4lb, 8lb and a 5 1/2lb .
all 3 fish were in there beautiful spawning colours so all returned unharmed.i took the first fish on the pool behind brendon car park, the second fish on carpenters main pool in a well known spot, under the tree close to the bank. the third fish i caught at a pool above buddles pool on the bend .i know this pool as being called charles's pool ( fish gave a brilliant fight in the white water)
so these fish were moving up stream on high clear water.
on Wendesday the river had dropped so it was possible to fish all the river. but it started to rain again and it did all day ( i was soaked !) i lost a fish in horners pool early in the morning and that was all the action i saw all day
i did a few fresh fish jumping up from pearl pool to black pool so there is fish about. writing this today on the 28th of August the river should be fishing really well over this bank holiday .
i look forward to fishing this September (my favorite month) and hope that some big autumn fish come in