Alaska 2010

Hi Everyone,

Anyone headed to Alaska in 2010? The fishing has been good this year. Let me know if you need any help selecting a Lodge or Outfitter.

Frank

jonc

Well one can only dream, unless you can help with funds :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi jonc,

I really didn't edit your post. I clicked the wrong button. Sorry about that.

Yes, Alaska is a dream of many. I keep hoping to make it back again before I am too old. Alaska cost a lot of money to fish. Even with a do-it-yourself trip. There is some road fishing but that is dependent on being at the right place at the right time. There are very few fishable waters with road access. Even less that has a rod running along the river.

Back in May 1974 when I mover to Alaska I couldn't wait to get out and fish. My wife and I got there on a Friday evening and on Sunday we bought a house. On Monday I was looking for a river. South of Anchorage there is some water that the road goes along. I didn't see any body fishing but I had to try it. All of the water looked good so I picked a spot and fished for about an hour. I didn't see any evidence of fish but while I was fishing two other cars stopped and started fishing. I drove to another spot and fished and three other cars stopped and fished. Later in the week I found out there were no fish in the stretch of the river until the fall. My first lesson in fishing Alaska. I guess those other fishers didn't know anymore about it than I did.:)