Guideline VS Loop

ubbi

Hi all, I'm planning to buy a new rod , and i'm thinking between a Guideline Le cie 14'8 # 10-11 and a Loop Goran Andersson signature 14'6 # 10-11 . I would like to know your suggestions about those rods , i haven't the possibility to try the rods for a test , i only tried 2 years ago the old Le cie model in 3 pieces and it was a fantastic casting tool but no experience with a Loop. I only heard it is a good stuff.. so before choose and buy one of them if anybody on the forum could give me some specifications or his experiences with one of both the rods would be much appreciated.
thanks in advance

stef

Editor

The Salmon Atlas
I've cast with both and they are both very good rods and similar. But I cant be very objective because they were loaded with different reels and lines and I tried them at different times!

It's a pity you cant try them because actually rods feel so different when you put different reels and lines on them!

If I had to choose it would be the Loop but also take a look at the the new Guideline Reaction - I have heard very good reports - but not yet tried.

I'm pretty sure you'll be pleased with either of them. Sorry could not be more help.

ubbi

I've cast with both and they are both very good rods and similar. But I cant be very objective because they were loaded with different reels and lines and I tried them at different times!

It's a pity you cant try them because actually rods feel so different when you put different reels and lines on them!

If I had to choose it would be the Loop but also take a look at the the new Guideline Reaction - I have heard very good reports - but not yet tried.

I'm pretty sure you'll be pleased with either of them. Sorry could not be more help.

Thank you . I'm going to take a look to the new guideline Reaction ...

cheers

stef

ubbi

Ok..ah ah now i remember i took a look at the Reaction more less one month ago..i think it could be an awesome rod ..the only pity it has the same (high) price more less of the Loomis NRX , a fantastic rod i tried and i 'm dreaming because out of my budget ( for the moment and because of my wife ah ah ..) . I think i'm going for the Loop , i think can't wrong with a tool designed by mr Andersson ..do you remember which line configuration and weight you used when casting ?

cheers

stef

Editor

The Salmon Atlas
Hi Stef,

I cant remember what the lines were - own brand in both cases. I am a fan of the Trevor Morgan Javelin (50ft head). I have to say that the rod I'm using at the moment costs less than £90! In fact £70 see below:

http://www.salmonatlas.com/forums/news-announcements/51313-6-piece-salmon-fly-rods-under-70-a.html

Ive still got my Hardys and Sages but I dont worry about this one! So - until I can 'justify' a new Hardy Sintrix or Guideline Reaction - its the one I'm using :)

Simply amazing value and I dont mind knocking it about too much either!

Colin

ubbi

Hi Colin, extremely amazing price !! Thank you for sharing ..i have always fished for salmon with cheapy two hand rods mainly Shimano , that because i am only able to find a week per year, being me from Italy , for going fishing for salmon usually in the great Scandinavian rivers , but i like so much that sport and casting with underhand technique that now i would like to buy a top rod with a higher price . Usually i go fishing for trout and grayling in my home water in the North East of Italy with my bamboo rods ( i'm the owner of 28 ..yes i'm crazy..) the only graphite rods i have are two hand rods and stiff rods for sea fishing for seabass or pike ( there are large bass in my area ) ..i have a simpathy for the Loop brand and i think my choice will go in that direction ..the only issue is that a guy from another forum advised me to pay attention because Loop has financial troubles and there is a risk of a bankrupt , consequentely it could be the risk to have problems with spare parts if needed ..hope Loop wins against those troubles , it would be a pity to loose a brand like that..

cheers

steff

Editor

The Salmon Atlas
Very happy for you to buy Loop - they are really excellent products and work very well.

I believe, the Loop business is operating fine after a re-structure and their issues probably stemmed from not being paid by their stockists (many tackle shops have closed over the last two years) - rather than the products themselves which are excellent.

Your bamboo rods sound amazing.

All the best

Colin

ubbi

thank you for the kind words Colin, hope to meet you one day along a salmon river and fishing together ..;)

cheers

stef