line advice

zekafly

Hi guys.
I am new in spey casting,bought Simon's book and stuf,but...I would like to know,,how Rio lines suits my 13' GUIDELine 8/9 rod for underhand casting.As much as I am more caster than fisherman with DH,realy wanna know what it work perfectly for goooooooooooood unroling loops.

Thanks.

Hi zeka

Thanks for buying a copy of my book, that is much appreciated, and I hope it isn't too confusing to you!

With regard to the best RIO line for that rod, I would put on the 8/9 AFS head. The AFS certainly is a head that really does throw the most beautiful of loops, so I would have no hesitation in recommending it. I would also add a 10 ft floating versileader (or whatever density you need), to complete the outfit. I hope that helps, and wish you the very best!

reely, I would also go with the AFS head on those rods - especially if you prefer that type of line. On both those rods the 9/10 AFS head will be very good indeed. With these longer rods, I would use 15 ft Versileaders instead of the 10 ft ones, but fishing conditions, wind and fly size will also effect that!

Cheers
Simon

zekafly

Thanks,Simon.

Book is exelent,and with it DVD ,I have no doubt about spey casting,only about line for my rod.WIll try recomended.

jean paul

Hello,

Yes indeed, Simon's book and DVD are excellent. His new book on single-handed Spey casting is great too!

Zeka: I think we met in October, right?

Cheers,

Jean-Paul