River Wye

ACW

This move is a sad reflection of the alarming state of the Wye and many other rivers.
I must say though the thought of keeping a wye salmon has not crossed my mind over the last 6 years that i have been "desperately seeking a Wye salmon"!

cb

SalmonAtlas
I must say though the thought of keeping a wye salmon has not crossed my mind over the last 6 years that i have been "desperately seeking a Wye salmon"!

But people do! I find it completely astonishing that anyone would keep a Wye salmon yet they do. Surely it is time to make C&R mandatory on the Wye?

Regards

Colin.

ACW

Colin,
I guess its a mind set ,30 years ago I was a fish killer,limit bags from the resers,sea trout from the dovey and salmon from scotland,not to mention the grayling beat owners insisted i killed on the chalk.
Last year I killed a single grafham fish ,ate it with enjoyment ,caught no salmon though had planned if fortunate to take one fresh cock fish from the Deveron ,should such a fish be caught.
I think its going fishing for me rather than the catch and eat !

Editor

The Salmon Atlas
I think its going fishing for me rather than the catch and eat !

As it happens I'm not a great fan of the taste of salmon - cod or haddock for me - so mine go back! I wish Cod would swim up the Tyne! (well they do a little way)

Colin